[Love the person you are next to. Whether it be your husband, friend, stranger, enemy or grandma! Just love them. Give a hug, a smile, a note, a hot meal; give yourself to others and you will never regret it. My goal is to inspire, encourage, and invite those around me to see life differently. Brighter, purposeful, and so important. It's simple: Faith expressing itself through l.o.v.e.]

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Worship Wednesday: Poetry & Song

[Beautiful. inspiring. encouraging. honest. truth. Written by my best friend. Read and enjoy.]
There was a day when worry would bring fears to me at night.
I would toss and turn and wonder
“Is what I’m doing right?”
Faced with the decisions and details of the day,
I would wait
I would wonder
I would hold my breath and pray…
But no longer will I worry that somehow I’ll let Him down
That I’ll choose the wrong direction
That I’ll somehow get me lost
That I’m failing
That I’m falling
That I can’t afford the cost
I’ve been freed from that prison
And I will not step back in
The details do not matter
As long as I’m with Him
When the question comes around again
As I know it’s bound to do,
“Where, Lord, should I go?”
And “What, Lord, shall I do?”
I hope my heart remembers
I hope my mind will know
I SERVE THE LORD WITH EVERY STEP
That is where I go.
I will never live for nothing
I will never be alone
The doors I close, I won’t regret
The ones I choose will be my own
When I step in a direction
I will find a victory
Every corner that I turn, an adventure there for me
My life will not be nothing
Won’t be small
Won’t be trite
I will live for something
Lord of GLORY; Lord of might!
My life is not my own now
It is yours
You breathe in me
I’ll let Jesus be ambitious
He will find the victory!!
Left alone, I might have squandered
Might mismanage or delay
But I am not in charge now
The Lord now has the say
He will not be conquered
He will not be made a fool
The Lord my God is Yahweh!!
My life is just the tool.




















1 comment:

  1. Colleen! I'm touched that you blogged my poem :) I'm glad it could inspire you! God is GREAT!!! love you <3

    ReplyDelete