[Love the person you are next to. Whether it be your husband, friend, stranger, enemy or grandma! Just love them. Give a hug, a smile, a note, a hot meal; give yourself to others and you will never regret it. My goal is to inspire, encourage, and invite those around me to see life differently. Brighter, purposeful, and so important. It's simple: Faith expressing itself through l.o.v.e.]

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just plain random.

I want about 6 kids. In my world I'd have carry four in my belly and two in my heart [i.e. adopt].

I wish I could dress like most of the girls in my preschool class. They make seriously such fun and colorful clothes for kids. And the only place that does that for adults is JCrew and that place is about my weeks pay check for two sweaters. sigh.

I had to seriously talk with my friend about whether or not to get a data plan on my new phone. For like 30 minutes. And when I went to the store (still torn) he made the decision easy for me. "You want your phone to represent you, ya know?" my response "actually no, there are lots of other things I want to represent me... (in an awkward laugh voice combo while looking at the ground)"And there it was. decided for me. crystal clear. the exact reason I didn't want to pay for a data plan and a schnazy (thats how i spell it) phone. I dont want to be obsessed with my phone. I dont want to be synced in with all my outlets at once all day long. I dont want to be someone who puts their freaking phone on the table when I'm out with friends or getting coffee with someone. I don't want to have my phone always in my back pocket so I can check it every. time. something. irrelevant. happens. on. twitter. or facebook. or pinterest. or wherever. I want to be p.r.e.s.e.n.t with whoever I am with whenever it is all the time. I hate sitting in a room with people and every pulls out their phone and zones out. I hate it. So that is my decision and my odd conviction about data plans and fancy cell phones.

I have all my folders from college categorized by year and semester. Some special classes are even bound in a new notebook version.

I own a pair of crocs for the sole purpose of showering at the gym. Guilty.

Daily I have to fight the urge of cleaning and organizing my house until perfection. I will do this until 4 am if left to my own desires. I have to verbally will myself to leave something out or messy so that I won't go into cleaning overload. [once I start cleaning I h.a.t.e. leaving it "unfinished" every room has to be done].

I wish I was more techy and knew how to make my blog look cool and glitzy and such. I am a computer lame-o.

Sometimes I watch movies that I know will make me cry on purpose. Crying can feel good sometimes.

I dont know which I want more. To have my masters already or to have babies. [I know that by saying that people will flip out about these things 1. youre not old enough yet, just wait 2. you dont have enough money yet, just wait 3. you guys should travel more, just wait 4. babies change everything, just wait. and on and on.] AND just because I say that, doesn't mean I'm trying to have one. Can't I feel something without actually doing that!? Yes. That doesn't mean I'm trying to make it happen okay! It amazes me what people say to me about having kids without me even talking about it [more on that later]. Everyone relax! Ha! I'm just sayin!

I made my F.I.R.S.T batch of chocolate chip cookies O.F. M.Y. L.I.F.E. yesterday on my own. Well with my little cousin as my assistant (she was spending the night). And I didn't burn a single one.

Penny from "Happy Endings" is my favorite character on tv. I love her spunk and off humor and just overall attitude. Love it. Such a funny show.

I talk about my nephews as if they were my own kids. I love them. I cannot wait for the two that are due in May! AH! Heart. Exploding.

I secretly want to write a devotional for high school girls. Specifically about making their faith their own without the "camp high" or "mountain top experience" driving them. About learning how to change their lives in a way that enables them to be present in their walk with God. [I've told a few people about it, and now the blog-o-sphere so it's not really a secret...] what do you think friends?

Today I bought a homeless man Taco Bell because he asked. He said, "I'm just really hungry. Can you help me?" And so I happened to have just sold an old useless watch to a gold for cash man [random I know- but I'm on this purging spree so I'll tell you about it later]. I said sure, lets go in. When we got in, he asked how much was okay for him to get? I told him to get whatever he wanted [fearfully afraid after saying it that he might order like 40 things and I'd have to explain to Kevin why I spent 80 dollars at Taco Bell... But you know what he ordered? Two chicken chalupas. That's it. I offered for him to get a drink too, thinking he must be thirsty, and he only asked for a cup of water. The total came to $8.12. He also asked if I had any money for his bus back to the shelter. It was $2.00. What do you know I sold the broken watch for $10.00. Two other stores wouldn't buy the watch. But this last one I tried paid just enough for this man to get food and on the bus. [Sure maybe the two bucks went somewhere else we could speculate, but I'm trusting God on his provision in this moment]. And as I looked in his eyes, before I could say God bless him, he met my gaze and said it to me. Isn't it amazing when you do things for others because God is telling you to in your heart, that they feel it on the other side? If you don't know what I'm talking about, go do something that makes you uncomfortable, but that you know is right. And I promise you will experience what I am talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Haha :) I'm reading all of this and I feel like I'm actually sitting across from you and having conversations with you. I miss you!

    I'm seriously sitting here tearing up while reading your experience with the homeless man. God is so specific and loving when He wants us where He's at. I'm learning by stepping out of my personal comfort zone in the day that I'm in, that's where God wants to do work. Thank you for this post! :) Can't wait to visit you!

    ReplyDelete