[Love the person you are next to. Whether it be your husband, friend, stranger, enemy or grandma! Just love them. Give a hug, a smile, a note, a hot meal; give yourself to others and you will never regret it. My goal is to inspire, encourage, and invite those around me to see life differently. Brighter, purposeful, and so important. It's simple: Faith expressing itself through l.o.v.e.]

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Insane. Freaking Insane.

I am so sad for Somalia. And Africa. And any place where children are dying because they don't have enough FOOD or WATER to live. It is absolutely INSANE. Freaking INSANE.

It makes me sick to think how much food I just had to throw out because I wasted it and it went bad in my fully stocked fridge. It makes me so so so sad. And so bitter about America. (Lord please forgive me for being so upset.)

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE 9 BILLION DOLLARS THAT THE NFL COULDN'T AGREE ON HOW TO SPEND. WHY NOT USE $1 MILLION TO FEED STARVING CHILDREN... INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN EGOS AND GREED... JUST A THOUGHT. AND THAT IS ONLY FOR FREAKING FOOTBALL.

Sorry...caps...

I do not have words to express how upset I am. How sad I am. How unimaginable it is that people live in tents their entire life because our world cant seem to figure out how to get food and clean water to people- actually not even how to figure out- we cant seem to care enough to actually make a change. We have people that could easily pay for it. We have people that could easily build wells for it. We have plenty of resources that go wasted for gov't subsidies. YET we are letting- yes letting- hundreds of thousands of children die because we don't care enough to do something about it.

I am not just talking about America- I am talking about myself too. Yes I have done little things- but there is so much more I can do. That YOU can do. If you are reading this- DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. DONATE $10 dollars! Don't eat for a week and see how it feels. Fill your water glass with one scoop dirt, 1/2 cup urine, and another 1/2 cup with ummmm.... lets see.... fecal matter. There ya go- now drink that. How does it feel....?   We cannot ignore this anymore. Who will stand for the dying?

I can only turn to God. This is not a new problem. Which makes it that much worse. Lord I pray we wake up. We wake up as individuals. As families. As communities. As the church. As America. But most importantly, as human beings.

Lord we need you desperately. What do we do?

The link below has a list of 45 different agencies who are already helping.

This is one BIG way you can help.  Please click the link to help.

Or read this article. And then decide.
Who lives?

Or this is you're a numbers person.
From Fox News

Or if you need to see a video.
Here is one.

Or if you want to watch another short clip- here is Hilary Clinton on the issue.
Watch this.

These are a few little things to help inform you and I. Lets do something, please.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHH I feel the exact same way. World Health Organization continually tells people that we have enough food on the planet, it is just the DISTRIBUTION that is the problem. But now it is time to find a solution. Thanks for posting that. Solving problems like this is my dreammmm job, but you just reminded me to PRAY about it instead of just thinking about it. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete