[Love the person you are next to. Whether it be your husband, friend, stranger, enemy or grandma! Just love them. Give a hug, a smile, a note, a hot meal; give yourself to others and you will never regret it. My goal is to inspire, encourage, and invite those around me to see life differently. Brighter, purposeful, and so important. It's simple: Faith expressing itself through l.o.v.e.]

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winter in Seattle = Possible Crisis

So as we prepare to move- the one thing Kevin and I are actually nervous about is the weather change- especially since we will be moving right in time for winter. I've been looking up clothing styles and trying to get ideas for what we can buy for Kevin who owns three pairs of shoes: sandals, running shoes, and a pair of dress shoes I bought for him for our wedding. I have no idea what to do about him for the winter since he HATES shoes and doesn't exactly jump at the idea of buying winter coats, or jackets in general- he does not own an actual jacket.

Here is what I could maybe get him to wear while snowing:


However here is what he would probably want to wear:

And if I'm being honest, more like this guy in the background:


LORD HELP ME! Since this is what I found online when searching "mens winter fashion":


I mean I could probably get him to dress like that for the pure humor/ridiculousness of it- but hey- at least he'd have shoes on... Maybe I could find a happy medium with this...?


Or any of these...


I will keep you posted on our progress! Because lawd knows this will be a project. As for me.. I am looking forward to this... (Minus the awkward green coat lady)







and hope that we don't end up looking like these people...


Any winter tips for those ignorant of what "weather" really is!? 



4 comments:

  1. If either of you wear clothes like that you will be cold and miserable anytime it dips below 30. A coat that falls at your waist is not for snow weather...it's for fall and spring. Wool coats are not that warm- I suffered too long wearing a wool coat before I found out that down, while unflattering, is so much warmer (and not that much more expensive if you get it on sale. Eddie Bauer usually does a nice black friday sale). Also, except for deep snow tennis shoes will be fine for Kevin. Jeff wears tennis shoes probably 90% of the time. Sidewalks should be cleared. I'm sure he can find a pair of snow boots he will wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have snow so rarely that it's not really a concern. You may get cold, though, since you're not used to temps below 50. Hahahaha. Really don't buy anything till you get here and see what it's like. You'll have plenty of time before it gets really cold and there are PLENTY of places to go shopping! It was a little cloudy today and in the 70's so it's all good! 15 more days till you come!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had more thoughts... Kevin will be happy... my boys wear shorts and tennis shoes (when they aren't wearing sandals)pretty much all year. When it starts getting cold they add a sweatshirt (with a hood for when it rains). That's about it! Now for you! You will want a coat with a hood - NO UMBRELLA!!! That's a sure sign of a visitor! I have one really warm coat for when I'm outside for hours (like at football games) and it's a synthetic cuz I'm allergic to down but my regular coats are more lightweight (with hoods) and I layer underneath. I also LOVE shawls!!! They are so versatile! They can be a wrap or a scarf or a muffler or a head covering when it rains! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why it said 'unknown'... it's Nancy Collins again! Hello Google!!!

    ReplyDelete