[Love the person you are next to. Whether it be your husband, friend, stranger, enemy or grandma! Just love them. Give a hug, a smile, a note, a hot meal; give yourself to others and you will never regret it. My goal is to inspire, encourage, and invite those around me to see life differently. Brighter, purposeful, and so important. It's simple: Faith expressing itself through l.o.v.e.]

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Am I a Northwesterner?

After talking with my mom for a few minutes the other day, I've decided to needed to share a few things that I have learned/had to do (that I never thought I'd ever do)/or got to do since coming to the NW. 
  1. Fetch eggs from the family chickens
  2. scare a deer out of the yard so I could get in my car
  3. buy an ice scraper
    1. use ice scraper on all windows or frozen car
  4. watch my neighbor practice his flame ball moves
  5. buy and wear manly rain/snow/utility boots in public
  6. wear driving gloves (not for the actual purpose of driving, but because the steering wheel in my car is so cold it hurts to hold it while driving)
  7. Consider moving to Texas for no other reason but the warmth
  8. make a fire everyday (I am a PRO... well with a lighter at least)
  9. take Zoey to a 50 acre open dog park
    1. pet 6 great danes! they were beautiful!
    2. consider owning a great dane
  10. consider buying and wearing one of those burglar snow masks to walk Zoey
  11. Knit a scarf to actually wear
  12. Think it was "warm" at 49 degrees outside
  13. Wipe 50 noses in two weeks (oh wait... that has nothing to do with the NW)
  14. Make fresh salsa every two weeks because I am desperate for El Torasco 
  15. Have multiple dreams about two things
    1. InNOut burger
    2. Tanning my feet (so random but makes sense- my feet are always cold! They need to make shoes with ugg material inside but not actual uggs b/c I look crazy wearing uggs all the time)

2 comments:

  1. the sad thing is, i can totally picture you wearing the burglar mask, and please make a video next time you try to scare a deer away hahahah

    ReplyDelete